The Motus adopts the same new frame and Bosch motor system as the Captus with an upgraded 400wh battery which will provide up to an extra 40km from a single charge, meaning that for some riders it could carry them to and from work for whole week before needing charging.
The traditional derailleur version of the Motus is equipped with a 10 speed SRAM Via Centro gear system which is perfect if you live in a hilly area as it offers a wider range of gears that go up in small increments; coupled with the powerful Bosch motor this will allow you to climb the most daunting hills and still continue to enjoy the ride.
The new generation 2 Bosch Active Line system sees smoother acceleration whilst shifting gear to create the perfect combination of mechanical and electrical pedelec technology. Its optimized 3-sensor concept performs 1,000 highly precise measurements per second, affording optimum power tuning and very low levels of noise & vibration. The 400wh battery boasts a range of between 45 and 180km* dependent on the level of assistance selected and can be charged from flat in approximately 3.5 hours meaning you can be back on your bike as quickly as possible.
The Intuvia on-board computer allows you to switch between four different levels of support; Eco, Tour, Sport & Turbo, as well as displaying information like speed, battery level, distance travelled and approximate range available. Plus the handy 'walk' button delivers a low power output from the motor for those occasions where you need to push your bicycle up some steps or a short slope.
The Raleigh Motus comes fully equipped with a kickstand, mudguards and a rear pannier rack. Additional features include high quality lights which are integrated into and powered by the motor system and a clever rear wheel lock which can be quickly applied while you pop into the shops. Braking is covered by new Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, whilst CST e-bike specific tyres keep your wheels firmly planted to the road. The 60mm travel Suntour suspension fork, suspension seatpost, ergonomic grips, adjustable stem and oversize hybrid handlebar all provide the highest levels of comfort over any distance. Plus the Motus is fitted with a high end Selle Royale Scientia R2 saddle for the utmost luxury and a low step frame design allows you to more easily mount and dismount the bike. If you're looking for a high quality bike that has the power to let you explore even the most demanding terrain without breaking a sweat then the Motus is the bike for you.
The new Motus is available in a choice of traditional derailleur or hub gear system in either a crossbar frame or a low step frame in two colour options as well as a smaller 26" wheel version with a more compact frame.
*Range figure is an average and is dependent on terrain, weather conditions and level of assistance selected.
- mudguards - set: SKS Full Mudguards with Cable guide AMG612
- rear carrier: Alloy Rack 77001448
- lighting: Trelock Front and rear lights
- extras: Kick Stand, charger 1212007910
- stem: Adjustable angle Alloy GNJ252
- handlebars: XLC Evo Ergobar, oversize 15609990
- grips: Ergonomic Comfort Grip GRS17Z
- saddle: Selle Royal Scienta R2 SRSCIR2
- seatpost: Alloy Seatpost 30.9
- seat clamp: Quick Release Alloy Clamp RMSP521B
- motor: Bosch Active Line 1212007030
- battery: Bosch Power Pack 400Wh, 36V 0275007514
- display: Bosch Intuvia display Featuring: Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo modes. Range, Speed, and Time information Walk button allows 6km/h assist function to allow easy pushing over obstacles etc 1270020906
- display bracket: Bosch Intuvia Display holder 1270020912
- sensor: Bosch Speed Sensor 1270020800
- wiring loom: Cable rack Battery 820MM 1270015079
- range: up to 180km from Eco mode http://www.bosch-ebike.de/en/service/reichweiten_assistent/Reichweiten-Assistent.html
- frame: Alloy Lowstep frame AL6061
- rear derailleur dropout: Alloy Replaceable Hanger
- suspension fork: Suntour Nex suspension fork 63mm travel 15098473
- headset: Low Stack semi integrated
- shift levers: Nexus 8 Speed revoshift
- left shift lever: Bosch Intuvia Controller 1270016724
- brake levers: Shimano M315 Hydraulic Disc brake
- rear derailleur: SRAM Via Centro 10 speed RDP8031000
- front brake: Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brake
- rear brake: Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brake
- crankset: Raleigh Alloy BOSCH crank set 55017489
- chain ring: Bosch Sprocket 18T 1270016202
- bottom bracket: Bosch Integrated in motor
- freewheel/cassette: Nexus 8 Speed Hub gear
- chain: KMC Single Speed KMCEZ1HX
- pedals: Comfort Pedals with Anti Slip PDC07
- front wheel: Alloy Double wall, 36 spoke, 700c on Alloy disc hub RGH990
- rear wheel: Double Wall rim 36 hole 700c on Nexus 8 speed disc hub
- front hub: Alloy 36 hole black disc QR
- rear hub: Shimano Nexus 8-speed disc
- rims: Black 36 hole disc brake compatible
- front tyre: CST Palm Bay E 700c x 44
- rear tyre: CST Palm Bay E 700c x 44
- inner tubes: 700x38c presta STU030P
We Also Recommend